Saturday, July 27, 2013

Getting Started, again

I'm really close to purchasing a new camera.

Our old Cannon point and shoot-super zoom has aged beyond reasonable usefulness. It's an old Canon Powershot S2 IS 5MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. It was serviceable for its time, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth now.
I started out in 35mm film, but took a few years off...
I've been using the  Samsung Galaxy S III cell phone as the workhorse for family photography and for my DIY renovation blog AZ DIY Guy's Projects. It's a sweet cameraphone, great for what it is, but I'm ready for the next level. I'm going to stick my toe in the pool of digital SLR's


I've been tucking money away for quite a while now. Craigslist has been a big part of the financial plan since a camera purchase isn't at all part of the family budget. I've met some lovely people, some may have been extras in the Star Wars Mos Eisley cantina ("a wretched hive of sum and villainy").

I really don't know what I'm doing, but I do have an artistic eye. I thought I'd start this mini-blog to share the journey. Let's see where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment